Frequently Asked Questions – Denominations
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod answers frequently asked questions about denominations.
- Can an LCMS member commune at a non-LCMS church? Can a non-LCMS member commune at an LCMS church?
- What are the main differences between the LCMS and the ELCA?
- What has the LCMS stated about the theological differences between the LCMS and ELCA?
- What are the main differences between the LCMS and the WELS?
- With which worldwide church bodies does the LCMS have altar and pulpit fellowship?
- Assembly of God Church
- Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Free Church
- Methodist Church
- Mormon Church
- Nazarene Church
- Pentecostal churches
- Presbyterian Church
- Reformed churches
- Roman Catholic Church
- Roman Catholic teaching of purgatory
- Salvation of Catholics
- What about the anti-Semitic statements made by Luther?
- Why are there so many denominations?
Usage: Congregational use of FAQs does not require permission of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. However, each reproduction should credit the LCMS as the source and include a link to the corresponding webpage.